Tuesday 17 November 2009

Dee-Pee-Ess

Indeed.

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary DPS?

Lorelie, Blood Elf Huntard, Survival Pew Pew. (1/14/56)

What is your primary DPSing environment? (i.e. raids, PvP, 5 mans)

I am very much raid specced (10 and 25 - ToC 10, Ulduar, Ony etc etc) and will tear through heroic 5 mans when required.

What is your favorite DPS spell/ability for your class and why?

Hmm bar FD and MD? It would have to be a mix of black arrow and explosive shot. When specced right black arrow triggers lock and load to allow you to explosive shot more. It involves concentration on what is around you AND what your talents are doing so it stops it being boring.

What DPS spell do you use least for your class and why?

Arcane shot. Never used it on Survival and never will. Shares a CD with far more important things.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your DPS class and why?

I enjoy the fact that a tank can rely on me not to over aggro, and if I do to FD, and that I am instantly on the ball with MD if something goes wrong as well as my steady and competent DPS. Crowd Control is still used in some fights and I like the fact I can join in with that also. I very much enjoy PvP so put those skills (learning to move and fight at the same time with strafes and jumps and kiting etc) to good use.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best DPS assignment for you?

I am the 'doer'. I do things. Shoot orbs down, spot things going wrong in the raid, MD and even distracting shot mobs from healers to kite back to the tank. I enjoy doing things. Although yes this causes my DPS to suffer somewhat, I find it far more enjoyable than just standing in one spot shooting over and over again. I would prefer to be out there doing things for the greater good of the raid and not just to top a DPS chart.

What DPS class do you enjoy DPSing with most and why?

I like raiding with any classes, even other Hunters in all honesty (though not if they have a gun). Each class brings their own special touch to a raid be it a shaman and totems, paladins and buffs, warlocks and raid buffs and goo balls and even mages (strudel YUM!)

What DPS class do you enjoy DPSing with least and why?

I don't hate any of them, but I dislike a lot of melee gathered together clumping up where the tank is. I don't like not being able to see :D

What is your worst habit as a DPS?

Missing rotations. I have bells and whistles and jangles and lights flashing to get me to hit a rotation but sometimes I slip. It happens.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while DPSing?

The tank not taking into account I have a pet and if the mob is half on a lake of poisonous goo my pet will stand in that goo. Thankfully every tank I group with has been trained in the art of leaving space for a pet and if they haven't, they take a kind suggestion to move forwards a bit quite well and do so.

Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other DPS?

Hmm no, not really. I have yet to see a hunter match the DPS of a Mage or Warlock that really know what they are doing. I am always out dpsed by those two. Angst!

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a DPS?

I used to have recount but I became obsessed with my DPS and it became frustrating, so I have not reinstalled it. I simply ask the tank (or someone with recount or dps meter) to tell me at the end of the night what my dps was and I am satisfied with that.

On certain raids there is graphs and things and what nots, recordings of what happened and who did what, but I do scan over them to see where I can improve. Don't ask what it is, I have no idea :D Ask Pala/Rogue!

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your class?

That Hunters are lazy and loot grabbers. Also that hunters are easy to play. I have found them as ONE of the easier classes to play (no where near as easy as DKs ffs -see previous posts-) but they do need a lot of skill and quick thinking to get the best out of them

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new DPSers of your class to learn?

Balance. A balance between DPS and being useful in a raid. Not just standing still and shooting. Oh and rotations. Levelling on BM spec then switching to Survival at 80 is never easy.

What DPS class do you feel you understand least?

Rooooooogues... WTF with the cloak vanish POOF stun stun stun dead BAM stab!!!11111elevenQQ

What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in DPS?

Omen, DBM, GoodNewsEveryone!, Vuhdu.

Macros are the classic hunter's mark and pet attack and yes I have a 'pet get the f'ck back here' macro :)
I'm never allowed bong rights so I don't have any major raid macros :D

[Your class's preferred basic stat] over other stats or balanced stat allocation, and why?

HR is most important. if you can't hit anything you can't dps. Due to talents in survival it is Agility next. Agility is your FRIEND and you LOVE it. Stamina is a bonus and usually comes with agility and Int makes mail better than leather. Win!



That was fun. Hmm. I tag Mortigan The Lock

No comments:

Post a Comment